Ecology and the Environment Quiz 3
Download The Solution Here
- The ________ is the area of the planet where water movement and storage occurs.
- Excess ________ in aquatic ecosystems is responsible for dead zones.
|a.||carbon and hydrogen|
|c.||phosphorus and nitrogen|
- Minerals are cycled from land to water by rain and ________.
|c.||subsurface water flow|
- climate evidence shows that since the Industrial Revolution, atmospheric ________ levels have steadily increased from the historically highest levels.
- The Permian extinction is directly linked with ________.
|b.||a cataclysmic asteroid|
|c.||several possible causes|
- Humans impact from agricultural practices is often much larger in ________ regions.
- ______ is one method for recognizing existing biodiversity.
|b.||Examining museum specimens|
- Habitat restoration can restore and maintain ________.
|c.||the global climate|
- A microcosm ________.
|a.||re-creates an ecosystem in a controlled environment|
|b.||represents the whole of a complex structure, such as the biosphere|
|c.||partitions a part of a natural ecosystem for experimentation
- in aquatic ecosystems is responsible for dead zones.
- _diversity is the raw material that generates adaptation in species.
- A(n) ____ is composed of both biotic and abiotic components.
- Stratification is the process by which a freshwater lake develops ____.
- different sediment layers
- distinct species distributions
- layers of different temperatures
- Distinctive species can often be found in ____.
- high stress environments
- physically small regions
- physically isolated geographies
- species can often be found in physically isolated geographies.