Date: March 17, 2016
Selford, VA 22434
Dear Tina, The purpose of this letter is to request you for an informational interview. I am a student at the Marymount University and I believe that you are an alumni of the same university. The interview is part of an assignment in my business communication course as part of my studies. I believe that the interview will last for around one hour. Please let me know about your preferred schedule for the interview, if you would be kind enough to agree to my interview proposal. Following is a set of questions that I would like to use as part of the informational interview.
- What do you do?
- What do u like or dislike about what you do?
- How has your job affected your personal life?
- What are your other interests apart from your job?
- What is your education?
- Did you have business specific communication courses?
- How important are grades/GPA for obtaining a job in this field?
- How much is business communication important for a professional like you?
- What do you say about the importance of communication process in your organization?
- What are your unique communication skills that make you successful?
- What would you like to improve about your communication skills?
- Did you have any trainings about business communication?
- What is the key to successful communication in your organization?
- Are you satisfied with your job/business progress?
- What special advice you have for students like me?
Thank you for your precious time and consideration.
345 NE Irving Street, Silford