Slide 2: Research has suggested that there are many issues faced by women due to their Gender Group.
Following is a list of few of the conflict areas:
- Gender Difference at work
- Gender Difference in family conflicts
- Gender Difference in social context
I will be explaining these topics one by one in the coming discussion
Slide 3: Gender Difference in work
- Women find it hard to find a job compared to men
There are less job opportunities for women as compare to man in many countries of the world.
- Work environment is not always Women friendly
Women might face problems at the places they work. These working places may be away from home
- Women face Sexual Harassment at work
There are cases where man members of the offices may want to take sexually harras women staff members.
Slide 4: Gender Difference in family conflicts
- Women considered to be cause of Family Conflicts
Because women are most of the times at home, they are considered to be causing problems at home.
- Women considered weak in families and have less control
Women are considered to be physically and mentally weak by male dominate family systmes.
- They don’t enjoy financial independence
In many countries women do not have control over financial matters of the family and man make all decisions.
Slide 5: Gender Difference in social context
- Women have identity issues in different cultures
Women want to be identified to be who they are, not because of the male family members and other men.
- Women voting rights in some countries
Women do not have voting rights in some countries.
- Women leadership issues
Women are not considered to be good leaders and therefore they may not rise to leadership positions.
Slide 6: Issues faced by working women in Saudi Arabia
- There are less job opportunities for women
- Women education has not been prioritized in the past
- Women cannot go very far from home to do job
- Women not on high positions
Slide 7: Family conflicts and women in Saudi Arabia
- Man is considered the head of family
- Man decide most of the matters and conflicts in families in past
- Women are consulted in family matters now
- Women have considerable control over home finances
Luckily women are provided my enough money to run a home in Saudi Arabia
Slide 8: Women in social context in Saudi Arabia
- Women have recently been given voting rights
In Saudi Arabia, Women can now vote in the local government system.
- There are not many women who are community leaders
Mostly man are the leaders of the different communities in Saudi Arabia.
- Women have recently started to get to good job positions
In the recent years, Women are rising to good job positions in some companies.
- Women actively fighting for car driving rights
Saudi Women are in the news where they want rights to drive a car without a male and alone.