Summarize the key advantages of stored procedures.
Stored procedures are assigned to databases. They are in the form of programming procedures which are used to perform some common actions on the data that is contained in the database. They can be run from application programs. Some of the key advantages of stored procedures are as follows:
- Stored procedures ensure greater security.
- They can help in decreasing network traffic.
- They are a good way to optimize SQL databased and programs.
- They are processed in standardized manner.
- SQL developers can use standard procedures to minimize the length of their programs hence decreasing the volume of their work.