Sustainability FINAL EXAM
Due: Sunday, End of Module by 11:55 p.m. EST
- Write 2-paragraph answers to the following questions:
- Explain why you support or oppose greatly increased use of (a) genetically modified food, and (b) organic polyculture.
- What is the difference between the National Parks System and the National Wilderness System?
- If we fail to protect a much larger percentage of the world’s remaining old-growth forests and tropical rain forests, describe three harmful effects that this failure is likely to have on any children and grandchildren you might have.
- Write a page essay answering the following question: In the early 1990s, Miguel Sanchez, a subsistence farmer in Costa Rica, was offered $600,000 by a hotel developer for a piece of land that he and his family had been using sustainably for many years. The land, which contained an old-growth rain forest and a black sand beach, was surrounded by an area under rapid development. Sanchez refused the offer. What would you have done if you were in Miguel Sanchez’s position? Explain your decision.