The major issues about Coca-Cola in 2011, how the Coca-Cola Company use its franchise business model to experience long term growth and prosperity in both the sparkling and still beverage industries.
The new business model of franchise business for the long term goals is hard to achieve without proper strategy because it has long term objective and behind this issue, there was another issue, “How Coca-Cola Company can achieve their “2020 Vision” to double the revenue by 2020. In 2010, the coca cola company have $35 million revenue so in 2020 it wants to be $70 million. The other related problems are it wants to in every market and in every category of the product in the similar market, and want to become the most preferred and trusted beverage company in the world through its global leadership strategy. It also wants to manage the people for the time, and money through the greatest effectiveness.
Politically, it is difficult to infer that change in the allocation of resources is difficult. As Coca-Cola Bottler operates in many countries, it needs to develop policies for each country based on the specific requirements of the Strategy and Delivery sector. Given the recent rise in populism around the world, I believe that bottled Coca can see similar trends and can lead to greater volatility in its existing markets.
On the economic front, I believe that the economic performance of the markets in which the company is present has a growth of more than 9-10% due to higher public spending, the increase in disposable income and greater investment in the sector. The bottling of coca can take advantage of the good skills of employees in the current market to improve not only the strategy and execution services but also these skills to create global opportunities.
Technically, the latest technology quickly reduces production and maintenance costs in the strategy and execution sector. The bottling coca needs to restructure its supply chain to provide greater flexibility to meet the needs of customers and cost structures. The bottling of coke should closely monitor the evolution and improvement of the user experience with greater speed and access. This can completely transform the user experience of the strategy and the execution industry.
Following recommendations are considered for the Coca-Cola Company under the case study
- Coca-Cola Company should generate full supply chain efficiencies.
- For all regional mega plants, Coca-Cola Company should focus on reduction of transportation cost, better inventory visibility, and also make full efforts to retain the local bottling plants for customer relationships.
- Coca-Cola Company should have control beverages system so there should be flexibility in production by adjusting the speed according to future preferences.
- David B. Yoffie, Renee Kim (2018), “Coca-Cola in 2011: In Search of a New Model Harvard Business School Case Study, Published by Harvard Business Publications.
- Euromonitor (2018), “Strategy & Execution Sector Analysis “, Published in 2018.
Identify the central issue in the case most relevant to the theory/framework scheduled for the class corresponding to the case and provide a comprehensive analysis based only on case facts.
Format for case analysis
- Your case write-up should begin with a very short executive summary that highlights your stand on the case. This summary should be no longer than two sentences. The remainder of the case write-up should present in greater detail the analyses which support your conclusions.
- The case is designed to get you to think about issues. In analyzing and writing up the case, adopt the perspective of a consultant who has been hired by the company to succinctly advise it on the critical issues at hand. Stitch together the arguments in a smooth way in your write-up.
- Be sure to use the data in the case when appropriate. Write-ups which ignore relevant data are incomplete. However, note that just because some data is presented in the case, it does not necessarily mean that the data is crucial or relevant to the solution you propose. Good strategists know what data to use, and how that data must be used.
Effective case writing
Below are some issues to consider when crafting your case analysis:
Analysis (Understanding the issues that the firms and individuals in the case are facing)
- · Does the paper contain analyses of the major issues?
- · Do the analyses properly incorporate the relevant tools?
- · Do the analyses show the relationships among issues?
- · Are assumptions made in the analyses stated explicitly?
- · Do the analyses isolate the underlying causes of problems?
Recommendations (Developing and evaluating alternative courses of action)
- · Are criteria for making recommendations stated/appropriate?
- · Are a broad range of feasible options thoughtfully considered?
- · Are the recommendations clearly articulated?
- · Is the action plan integrated in a logical way to the analysis?
- · Is the action plan specific, complete, and feasible?
- · Are timing (short term, long term phasing) issues addressed?
- · Are the expected benefits of the recommendations stated?