Discussion Group Leader Chapter 40-42
Discussion Group Leader – Once during this course you will be asked to select a group of readings and prepare a discussion for your small group. To earn FULL points, you must: 1. Summarize the reading (think a long paragraph); 2. Create a list of 10, open-ended discussion questions that can fill ~ 20 minutes. 3. You also need to find a video clip showing an example of your topic in action. You need to put your discussion questions and a description of your video in D2L PRIOR to your day. (If you do not post to D2L prior, it will result in one point being deducted. If you choose not to post your materials at all, you will lose an additional point by the following day.) *These questions should be your creations, not taken from other sources, including classmates or friends.
Chapter 40 talks about nonverbal behavior and their impact on family functioning. It talks about the effectiveness of nonverbal communication in destruction and construction of a family relationship. Non-verbal often plays a key role in emotional well-being of a family. Chapter 41 talks about the effects of sexual orientation on non-verbal communication. It showed that people with different sexual orientation tend to hide their feelings to ensure that they successfully cover up the difference they have with the rest. Their non-verbal inconsistency can be a great tool to identify their sexual orientation. Chapter 42 talks about the importance of non-verbal communication in doctor-patient relationship. The chapter talks about the differentiation being made by the patients on the basis of technical and communication skills of a doctor. Patient tends to refer doctor on the basis of their fellow patients on the basis of their affection. Medical grads are awarded with more points in their final years/semesters in order to show appreciation for affection.
- Does non-verbal effects every family member in the same way?
- Does non-verbal communication has effectiveness attached with the age of family member?
- Does non-verbal communication in a family relation has any bearing with respect to closure?
- How much variation exists in non-verbal communication of homosexual?
- Can introvert-ness be misunderstood as homosexuality?
- Does researches conducted in 90’s or before still valid to study effects of non-verbal communication with regard to homosexuality, given the openness of the society?
- How much gender specificity have to do with inconsistent non-verbal communication
- How much care should be allotted to non-verbal communication of the doctors?
- Should doctors be categorized for their talent or for the communication?
- How much real difference does non-verbal communication creates towards patient’s health?