- Two main sects of Islam are Shias and Sunnis. Though both sects claim to follow the true teachings of the prophet Mohammad, Shias claim to know the true teachings of the prophet Muhammad through their following of Hazrat Ali, the cousin and son in law of Mohammad. Sunnis on the other hand follow the books of Sunnah to follow the teachings of Mohammad.
- The two main groups in roman society were upper and lower class. the law explicitly divided Romans into two groups, thehonestiores (“more honorable people,”) and the humiliores (“more insignificant people,”).
- In feudalism, the nobility holds the rights to own property in accordance to the laws made by the authoritarian government of the time. These feudal serve these regimes.
- It was a political alliance between powerful men in roman republic. These three men were, Julius Ceaser, Marcus Licinius and Pompey.
- The first European settlement was built by the Spanish who has sponsored Christopher Columbus for the exploration.
- Democracy is the government that is elected by the people of a country and the power resides in their hands as they can vote them out, for example USA. Oligarchy is a form of government in which a specific group or party holds the power to govern e.g. China.
- In hieroglyphs, there are more drawings instead of dashes that are found in Cuneiform. Chines Mandarin is an example of Cuneiform, while Hindi is an example of hieroglyphs.
- Polytheism believes there are many gods. Monotheism believes that there is only one god while animism believes in the presence of a supernatural force that is present in each living thing in some form.
- Abrahamic religions are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The prophet Abraham is the founder of these religions and all of them believe in only one God. In other world, they are all monotheistic.
- The roman roots of Christianity are important because during this time, Christianity was also used as a political ideology to rule masses in the name of God or religion.
- An empire is an extensive group with a single supreme governing authority like the Roman Empire that was ruled by emperors. Civilization on the other hand is the most advanced stage at a certain point in human history of social development for example the stone-age civilization.
A civilization may consist many empires over a certain period of time as it is a cluster of people and nations.
Empire is a political system of ruling while civilization is related to the progress the human beings have made over the history.