Assignments 11 and 12
Course: BGMT 305
- Greenwashing: It is a set of deceptive marketing techniques that aims at presenting the products of an organization to be environment friendly. This techniques can also be incorporated to promote environmental friendly perception of an organizations goals or its set policies.
- Ethical programs are aimed at promoting ethical standards in an organization. These organizational ethics program strive to elevate an ethical behavior that could result in an organizational culture that believes in discourages unethical behavior among its human resources.
- To follow ethical standards is definitely a challenging task. In today’s competitive world, there is also a sense of insecurity about jobs. Organizations are controlled by the major shareholders who might only believe in profits and does not care about ethics that could minimize profits. Even the top management might not be able, sometimes to follow ethical codes due to the undue pressure of achieving maximum profits.
- Organizations develop a formal set of rules that is aimed to get the actions of its employees in accordance with the policies of the organization. This is called code of conduct.
- This rule is aimed at the identification of values that focus on the ethical issues that are currently faced. For example an organization could stress on honesty and integrity to make sure that the staff does not lie about making false calls for days off.
- Netflix’s Senior Financial Officers: Code of conduct is designed to promote honest and ethical conduct and compliance with government rules and regulations by the senior financial officers. These officers are principal executive officer, principal accounting officer, and principal financial officer.
- Ethics officers is a responsible person who is has a great knowledge of the legal and ethical codes. This officer is usually chosen from the top management and his/her duty to analyze the ethics program of an organization for the risks and requirements.
- The Ethics and Compliance Officer Association (ECOA) provides necessary training to the Ethics Officers to understand and comply with ethical standards.
- The first step is to identify risk areas. It has been observed that people have a tendency to not be true about the unethical practices. Instead they are manipulative. This is why identifying risk areas is a challenging job.
- Methods used to monitor and enforce ethical standards: In an organization, the management can set a proper communication channel for its employees that provides ethical assistance and is a way to report risks before something can go wrong. The employees will be confident enough to provide their concerns. A proper feedback system can also help to monitor the durability of a system.
- Whistle-blowing: When a person or an organization like electronic or social media makes public the unlawful or unethical behavior of another person or organization, it is called as whistle-blower and the phenomenon is called whistle-blowing.
- Yes, it is True that “historically, the fortunes of whistle-blower has not been positive.”
- To the table 6.3, I would add, what are the means that could have been incorporated to stop the situation from being happening? What was the mistake that I made?
- I would say that the 56% figure is not encouraging. It points to the fact that people have got used to unethical behavior and it has become a usual practice.
- The cartoon is a demonstration of how people behave irresponsibly when it comes to follow ethical standards. Not only people do not wat to follow ethical standards, they make fun of those organizations and people who are careful of following ethical standards in their practices.