Select an interesting and useful topic, research your topic and prepare a five-minute speech informing your audiences about a process, an event or a concept.
Title: Tesla is the Future of Cars
Specific Purpose: At the end of my speech, my audience will have a detailed overview of why how Tesla is evolving to be an electric car leader.
Central Idea: Tesla is producing electric cars which are among the most environmental friendly cars. It has a great potential to be an electric car leader with many of its cars hitting the road in the recent time. It will help protect the environment from poisonous gases that are emitted by cars running on petroleum products.
- The Founder: Elon Musk
- Other Inventions: The co-founder and CEO of Tesla, Elon Musk, is the creator of world’s renounced online payment gateway PayPal. He is also the founder of the space program, SpaceX which is a leading company in private space ventures. He has a clear vision for the future of our environment and therefore he found Solar City project to offer solar energy for domestic use.
- Vison for Tesla: Elon Musk does not only want to contribute to the automobile industry and protecting the environment, he want to create cars that are good looking and come with shapes they would be loved by the larger audience. I am sure none of us want to be saving the environment in an ugly little electric car.
- Prediction about Electric Cars: Elon Musk has predicted that within 30 years, majority of the cars would be fully electric (“Electric cars need to be more ‘futuristic’, says Elon Musk”, 2016). This is a bold statement but I believe him and I hope that it is true because we need energy efficient green cars on our roads more than ever due to the changing environment and global warming.
- Tesla Car Models
I would like to tell you a bit about the different car models produced by Tesla and what are some of its specifications.
- Roadster: It was one of the initial projects by Tesla. Elon Musk recently admitted that this was one of the disastrous project in Tesla’s history (“Elon Musk Admits to Shareholders That the Tesla Roadster Was a Disaster”, 2016). But they have got better with time and the recent models are among the best cars ever made.
- Model S: Model S can get to a speed of 60 mph from zero within 2.5 seconds (“Model S | Tesla”, 2016) which is amazing for all car lovers. It comes with autopilot facility. Its prices start from $49,500. With a single charge it can travel for around 300 miles. It has all the facilities a luxury car may have and is fully electric. It is one of the great looking cars in my opinion.
- Model 3: The delivery of this model will be started in 2017. It will cost $35,000. With one charge it could travel 215 miles. It would be able to speed up to 60 mph within 6 seconds. It does not sound as great as Model S but there is a huge price difference to compensate that.
I would like to conclude my speech by stressing that Tesla is one the greatest project in the recent times. Tesla cars do seem expensive at the moment but I am sure that with time the prices will be reduced to what all of us can afford and the luxury and environment friendliness will also keep improving. I hope that we can day rid our roads of the cars that are destroying our environment and can travel with high speeds in green cars like Tesla. Thank you!